SUN JUNE 10, 2018 | Rain Shine
Baldwin Park NY
AIDS & Cancer 5K Run Walk 9 AM
About the Proceeds from the Event
The Foundation will be raising money for Center of AIDS Research & Treatment at North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset. The money will also be used for transporting patients for medical services and social gatherings organized by this group.
The Foundation will also raise money to help children with pediatric cancer at Cohen Children’s Medical Center of New York, Long Island Breast Cancer Action Coalition, Five Towns AIDS Community Services Program, Health & Prevention Services of Five Towns Community Center, Ronald McDonald House, and social activities for people living with HIV or cancer.
Please consider bringing a new toy to the 5K!
Toys / Gift basket donation
Since 2008, the Richard M. Brodsky Foundation has donated $349,500 in cash, clothing, toys and toiletry gift items to:
- Abbey Lane Elementary School
- ADD / ADHD Housing Group
- Addabo Health Clinic of Far Rockaway
- AME Bethel Church, Far Rockaway
- Angels on the Bay
- Circulo de la Hispanidad
- Client Advisory Board picnic for Northwell Health's Center of AIDS Research & Treatment, Manhassat
- Cohen Children's Medical Center of New York, New Hyde Park
- Congregation Sons of Israel
- Don Monti Cancer Center at Northwell Health, North Shore University Hospital, Manhassat
- Ebineezer Children's Home, Kisumu, Kenya
- First Cavalry Baptist Church, Inwood
- Five Towns Community Center, Health & Prevention Services, Lawrence
- Five Towns Community Center, Lawrence
- Five Towns Community Center, Lawrence (victims of Mexico earthquake)
- Five Towns Early Learning Center, Inwood
- Guatamala soccer league, Inwood and surrounding areas
- Hispanic Counseling Center
- JCC of the Five Towns Community Center
- John Theissen Children’s Foundation
- Kiwanis of the Peninsula
- Life Ministry Children's Home, Kisumu, Kenya
- Living Hope Fellowship Church, Massapequa (some clothing was shipped to Haiti)
- Long Island Association for AIDS Care
- Long Island Breast Cancer Action Coalition, Hewlett
- Long Island Minority AIDS Coalition
- Mama Ngina Children's Home, Kisumu, Kenya
- Marion & Aaron Gural Jewish Community Center, Cedarhurst
- Marion & Aaron Gural Nursery School affiliated with Five Towns JCC, Cedarhurst
- Memorial Day Parade, Inwood
- Northwell Health’s Center of AIDS Research & Treatment at North Shore University Hospital, Manhassat
- Northwell Health’s Center of AIDS Research & Treatment Client Advisory Board at North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset
- Operation Headstart, Suffolk County
- Options for Community Services, Hempstead
- Our Lady of Good Counsel Church, Inwood
Register by Midnight 5/19 to get YOUR name on YOUR BIB!
*Price increases & guarantee your name on the shirt ends 5/26!
- AIDS + Cancer 5K Run/Walk: $22 ($24 after May 26th!)
- Check In: Day of Race beginning at 6:45AM
*T-shirts with your name on it! Guaranteed to all online registrants by 5/26 If you sign up after May 27, we will have limited t-shirts available on race day. Anyone not receiving an Event t-shirt will have one mailed to them after the Event!
The Richard M. Brodsky Foundation encourages people living with HIV or cancer to lead an upbeat lifestyle consisting of a daily run or walk. If there are any runners or walkers who are HIV-positive or cancer survivors, please write firstname.lastname@example.org and your registration fee will be waived. This offer shall apply to a maximum of 100 people and your health status will not be disclosed.
- Top 1 M/F Overall: $75 Gift Certificates
- 2nd/3rd M/F Overall: $25 Gift Certificates
- Top 1 M/F Masters: $75 Gift Certificates
- 2nd/3rd M/F Masters: $25 Gift Certificates
- *Top 3 M/F Age Groups:
Under 12, 13-15, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85+
*$25 Gift Certificates to M/F 1st place winners of all five year age groups!
- Water & energy drinks Pre & Post Race
- Sumptuous BRUNCH including PASTA, WRAPS, SALADS, BAGELS, FRUIT, MUNCHKINS, HEROES, GELATO, COFFEE, PASTRIES & MORE
- PRIZES & GIFT certificates given away by a FREE lottery!
- USATF 5K certified running course at Baldwin Park (two loops around course)
- $20 FREE gift certificates from restaurant/bars
- 1st 300 participants to register get $5 gift certificates to 3 restaurants in Long Beach: Runyon's of Seaford, Lido Kosher Deli, A Whale's Tale
- FOR THE KIDS! Chef Paula of LilChefs.com Special Events will be there!
LIVE online/email/text results during race
FREE: Video & Same-day finish line photos
< Find miscellaneous photos on Facebook, same day